17 October, 2009

at least i didn't go to the other Bob's

Drunk on Polk Street: french fries required ASAP. Just went to my co-worker Mike Foyder's birthday party in the sweetest apartment I have ever seen in SF. No joke. He has a penthouse apartment with a deck on the roof in the Mission. I seriously loved it. You can see the fog rolling in all around you and yet also admire stars over head. So much light and cool art that he got for free!!
Anyway, he had rad beers too, which was awesome because I left without mine. mmm and cupcakes made with jello! So yea, the cab came like a minute after I called it. When the heck does that happen??!!?? I left my beers in the kitchen. Oh well. He had better beers anyway.
After the party, Jose dropped me off on the corner of Sac and Polk, the street filled with revelers bordering on obnoxious. I never really go out in my hood on weekends...it always trips me out and cracks me up too. Who the heck are all these people??!!?? I had a good buzz on, and my tummy knew no borders at this point.
I decided to walk 4 blocks down to City Kebab, my new favorite place but they were CLOSED!! UGH they are supposed to be open til midnight. ohhh well, french fries it is... they were my original craving anyway. crispy and delicious from good ol Bob's Broiler. I also have to say - a better choice than walking down a shop or two for Bob's Doughnuts. They were warm and fresh too... I could smell their sweet comforty melty smell permeating in the air. They'll torture you if you don't get away fast enough. One more beer and I might not have been as strong...
French fries vs. hot fresh apple fritters. Tough call but I think I picked the lesser of two delicious evils.

No comments: