20 October, 2009

here today, gone in a week

Photobucket
I took this photograph on the beach in Lahinch when Melanie took me to Clare last October. Stayed in a B&B in Doolin; ooh I fell in love with that place. I'm headed out that way in a week, and just knowing I'll breathe in that air again so soon is helping me breathe easier now.
Planning this trip has been pretty easy and super fun... I knew where I wanted to go and who I wanted to see so it's all set. I haven't charged a thing (yet) and as broke as I am, I'm just crossing my fingers that a miracle will occur within the next week. Checks would be VERY welcome!
Something really valuable I learned last year was how important travel is for renewing your life experience. I hadn't had a vacation for 10 years! That is messed up. It is so much freedom! Being totally innocent to your surroundings is eye opening and wonderful. Allowing yourself to be vulnerable, and just going with the flow especially when stuff goes all wanky is a gift! I sent myself postcards along the way last year, and I plan on doing the same on this journey. It's a good reminder of how amazing I feel on my own, the confidence and calm. I love traveling alone... I can change things on the way, do what I want on my own time. I have made amazing connections with so many people - some for a moment and others for possibly a lifetime.
I'm excited for this trip - returning to Dublin and Manchester to see friends will be super rad ... and Cardiff, Bath and Cork are gonna blow my mind, no doubt.
I'm thankful I can do it... budget travel is the way to go; even if I had loads of cash, I wouldn't do it any other way.

No comments: