14 December, 2008

To Rapp it up you gotta start somewhere...

It's a rainy day in San Francisco, a lazy Sunday destined for the true comforts of ... laziness! A fluffy blanket, Irish tea(and a Magners- maybe 2?), some tunes and quite shockingly, a little motivation.
My lovely friend Pablo (http://pablorodriguez.co.uk/) has set me up with everything I need to be a blogger. The problem was that I was (am) a big lagger. Like really bad.
Look at me now! A start!
So I am a voice actor living in San Francisco, and everyone is always asking me why I'm not living in Los Angeles. Easy answer really... happiness. For some, it is a land of amusement - all that celebrity fanciness and big money deals. I lived down there for Drama School, and that was enough, I tell ya. I am perfectly happy to be carless, trekking the hills in my Blundstones and watching the fog roll in. Video games are a big market here, and it is some solid, challenging work -- so much fun... I'm gonna do it as long as they let me! I love it and never take it for granted. Plus, I really love being secret.
Things are a bit slow now, but I did have an audition this week. It was for "Alphie", an 8-12 year old robot of undetermined gender. I was emailed the script and a sound file that the producers didn't want us to emulate at all. Oh, and we weren't to sound like a robot either. Ha! It's a funny business knowing what the client wants, but it sure is amusing trying to figure it all out. We'll see what happens!
This afternoon I'm going to this: http://www.ecoholidaysf.com/index.php
It's basically an "eco-mall" with loads of rad sustainable gifts. There's music and chocolate and probably I'll get to babe out a bit too. I have no crushes right now! This is very rare and frankly, a bit sad. So, I need to babe out a bit.
It's one of those days when it's grey and all you wanna do is be in your pajamas. But, I still got some motivation to move, and I gotta thank my buddy Pablo for getting me here. Thanks P.

I don't like to shop, which makes this even more amazing:
Eco Mall, here I come!



and that my friends, is a Rapp :)


2 comments:

P4-810 said...

yay! productivity rocks. cheers for the shoutouts.

pablo x

It's a Rapp said...

You're welcome P. I'm so glad you got me started... I'm kinda excited now!