15 December, 2008

yeeeehaw MySims!

Photobucket
I was just confirmed to start recording MySims 3 next month! I LOVE BEING A VOICE ACTOR! I've been a part of The Sims since 2003 - since I was cast in The Sims 2, my life hasn't been the same. I've met so many amazing people, and it is really fun to have a session where you really work your brain: making up new words, matching the timing of the animations... playing a 6 year old kid! I work with the coolest people at EA too - they work endlessly to make these games as brilliant as they are. I can't imagine editing all that crazy Simlish!
Recording MySims is a bit different than "Original" Sims. The characters are so adorable, but you cannot play them like they are the cutest little Sims ever. When we record regular Sims I keep my energy and my pitch high - but with MySims I have to retain all that energy but keep my pitch low. "Ladytown" is what we call it. hehe
A great challenge, and another reason why I love my job. Learning all these techniques and how to really listen and pay attention has helped me in other jobs I've booked too. Shit, it has helped me outta the booth as well. I'm just so grateful and happy - I really think it's amazing that I get to be a part of something so huge. It's such a rad thing to look forward to. Hurray for 2009! It's gonna be a good year.

No comments: