19 May, 2011

on the verge of Springing

Oooooh something is brewing.
Some sort of momentous event... perhaps something that has been planted in my stubborn brain. A bulb staying warm and cozy below until the sun shines on it just enough to encourage an entrance above ground.
Oh, to finally blossom!
I feel this anticipation with a strange sort of certainty that it's not bad. It's a good feeling.
Maybe it was the testicles I ate yesterday?

A calm anticipation? What is that all about?
I never thought I was capable of any sort of calmness when the butterflies start fluttering...

I'm back in a job that I did in my 20's. It's basically the same cafe with a different name. I've always loved working in coffee shops; I enjoy the culture and most of the people who cross paths and connect in interesting ways.
The problem?
I am feeling my age. I am having flashbacks of all the stuff that sucks- and I smell like coffee ALL THE TIME.
I never feel my age! With my voice acting I'm usually playing young, high energy characters and I thrive on it. I think the plain truth is that I am done with this- and I knew I was, but I went back to it- a gal's gotta have a damn day job.
I long for the day when I'm just acting- to be an Artist and only an Artist... what a pleasure.
I'm feeling frustrated- but at the same time, I feel no ties to this place. I normally get way too into things, but with this job, I'm doing what I need to do and that's that. I am looking around for something different, something where I can make more $$ and not get up at 4:30.
I'm ready for the big leap forward, to pounce like a ridiculously cute Red Panda on the things that I want to hold on to.
Photobucket
Even with some uncertainty and frustration, I feel like my life is finally waiting for me to hold on and get what I really want from it. It's not like I'm getting a second chance. No more of this silly trepidation! It's all about grabbing it by the bison balls and being brave enough to take a bite.
Sensing that anticipation, feeling on the verge is something I have felt before- and sometimes I just have to poop- but I'm gonna run with the feeling that things may just come together this time. Pouncing, springing and remembering that in this new world, the possibilities are all right there.

No comments: