30 April, 2011

Ladybug hunt!

Today has been wonderful.
I slept til about 8, drank my tea, hung out in a leisurely style; excited that this Saturday was a day filled with rad friends coming to see me.
How lovely and sweet is that?
First it was Jo and Pat. Jo is one of my best friends and she also makes my hair look great! Pat is her rad dude and while he has no hair on his head, he's still just as awesome because he has an amazing beard.
We hung out, then really just made it next door for beers and snacks. Jo and Pat are my Appetizer friends, so I waited to try the wings at Cato's til they came to hang. Spicy and deeelicious!
The next visitors who arrived were Randy and his little doggie "Benson". oooh I love that dog. I really love Randy. We just have a lot of fun all the time, and he got me into WonderCon, something that started a lovely chain of events in my life at this moment. ahhhh
*sigh*
We just talked about all kinds of stuff and then decided to cruise out to check the Comic Book store on the Avenue. We both gained some rad shit on sale, and I realized how cool Comic Book shops are! He said it was one of the coolest he has been to. It's cuz my neighborhood kicks ass :)
Randy soon departed, but moments later I received a text:
"So i hid six ladybugs around your apartment.... see if u can find them all"
BWAAAAAH!!!
It may as well have been Christmas morning when I was 8.
I started the search immediately.... I thought through where Randy was in my place- because now it's big enough for this sort of caper!!!
The first couple were pretty easy- they were chillin in the kitchen... then I recalled that he went into my recording booth (closet) and I found another in there on the music stand- and then there were a few in the bathroom... but that last one was tricky. I checked the pizza closet, but no bugs.
I sat on my couch and reflected.
"hmmmm."
I looked to my right, I looked to my left.... and there it was, on top of the intercom phone!
SUCCESS!!!!!
I was giggling like I got a Snoopy Snow Cone Machine!!!

This is the kind of stuff we remember.
It's Saturday night, I feel like a kid again. I'm so happy I'm in a place where I can celebrate that feeling. It's sad that we lose that enthusiasm... I love Randy for sharing his with me. ♥

No comments: