08 February, 2011

a different celebration

I got this fortune 3 months ago. When I read it, "Remember 3 months from this date. Good things are in store for you", I was like yea right. "Whatever". Despite this, I kept it and taped it on my front door. Kind of a reminder that I can always hope for the best. Then I realized it would also be my Dad's birthday- he would be 67 today.

So December 8.... you were cloudy and dark, very cold and uncertain. Emotional. blaah.
Now look at you, February 8! The sun is shining, the future is welcoming, and there is so much to look forward to.
It's amazing how things can really change. Believe me, I had no spark of even a teeny molecule of an idea that anything could be different!
Yea, it's just a fortune cookie. But sometimes you just need to hold on to something that maybe doesn't make sense or is just plain goofy.
I know I made this happen. I yearned so much for something new to wake me up, and enjoy what life can be when you open up to it. So I did it. Doing it!
As my friend Kori said in an email, "way to be the boss of your life! fuck yeah, muthafucka! that's the way to do it. i mean shit we're almost 40- if we aren't going to be the boss by now what the fuck?"
Brilliant.

I'm so happy that for my Daddy's birthday this year I am celebrating with a smile through my tears, knowing that I have so many new experiences ahead- new chances to take more chances - with the belief I can do it.
I know it's what he always wanted for me.

No comments: