13 January, 2010

Words of wisdom from a dark place

Stress. Lots of stress.
Earthquake in Haiti... a horrible reminder of how vulnerable we are at the mercy of elements around us.
Life is so unpredictable, and I'm struggling lately to locate that optimism I know is in there. Here I sit: I hope this, I hope that. I wish on pennies, stars.
But.
None of that seems to work lately.

I'm frustrated. I feel like I should be enjoying success but all I can do is *hope* to pay my bills. There's that word again...
How can I give up on it?

I have a little hallway leading into my kitchen, and tonight as I walked through to get a cup of tea, I noticed a quote from Anne Frank on my closet door.


I read it out loud and immediately realized that I must snap out of this funk. It's true that I am ridiculously hard on myself. It sucks! Believing that things will be ok is the path I gotta choose. I'm doing things to make it better... work more, play less. It's just hard now, dealing with mistakes I made in the past. I'm angry at myself.
Adult lesson learned.
If I can't go drink some beers, take myself out for a movie, or even have a burrito (I reeeeally want a burrito) what I do have is a world of beauty around me; it is on shaky ground- but I want to be sure I make the most of my time while I've got the space.
I am going to remember Anne's words. If anyone could pull themselves up from a world of uncertainty and still grow with positivity, it was her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey thats a good quote =)

I just here to say you made a nice work with Morgan! Keep it up!

And have a nice day =)

It's a Rapp said...

Aw thanks Diego! I'm glad you're enjoying the game so much too. I love being Morgan!
Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

So, Nicki-Nike...
Whats up?
Guess who... :)

Hope everything is going well..
After a great time in New York and Boston, I'm back in Budapest, with my BF. and all is full of love :)

and - I've been listening to ur demos - u have the cutest voice ever.
You just have to belive in urself.
Send Hi to Jose, and to my beloved San Francisco.

Y.

It's a Rapp said...

Ahh!! I'm so glad to hear things have turned out well- I've been thinking about you and hoping you are ok. Nike didn't happen, as far as I know... but it's fine- something else will come along. Thank you for letting me know. Find me on FB!!! xxxxx