27 April, 2009

How an uncoordinated klutz gets to play a Ballerina...

Photobucket

Well I haven't been around for a bit; things are going pretty well.
My Mom is doing so much better. It has been nice to spend time with her on the weekends, we just hang out, walk the dog and stuff. When I get back on Mondays, it's so lovely to return to my cozy little place in this stinky ass town. It's not stinky in my apartment though. :)
I got to sleep in for the first time in a long time today... and I haven't had the pleasure of a whole day off at home in a coupla months too. I'm usually driving back or on the bus for too many hours. It was so nice to not set an alarm and just wake up and lay there, stare at the ceiling.
Work has been slow, no auditions for awhile (stressful) BUT I am blessed to have a regular gig that keeps me going (bills and rent paid, for now anyway). I'm still recording MySims 3, and if it's possible that it could be cuter than MySims Kingdom, well I'm telling you now that it is, really really cute. Super fun characters, adorable animations.
Tonight I am recording a second ballet for Prima Princessa. About a year and a half ago I recorded "Swan Lake" and tonight it will be "The Nutcracker". So much fun. Super sugary sweet and really cute. I am very thankful to be cast again. I love my job!!!
I have a lot of ideas in my head, there are changes I want to make in my life... one of them is to move outta the city soon. I've done the city thing for years, and while it is endlessly exhilarating to step over people and avoid stepping in poop all day, it is the scent of urine that permeates the air that I can't abide. My goal is to move right across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. I've always wanted to live there, and it would be the perfect answer. It is pricey, but if I really focus and totally manifest I know I will seek a rad place out - I believe it is completely possible. I am cool with living in a small place anyway... I won't accumulate as much crap and that way I can afford to take off and travel. Doesn't that sound perfect?
Anyway, I am thankful for a lot now. I am breathing and have a roof over my head. Lots of blessings- and although I can get down, I remind myself of how lucky I really am. Now that my Mom is on the mend everything is so much better.

I think I'll do some pirouettes and then fall. Yay!

2 comments:

C'est Moi said...

Nicki,
My favorite part is your laugh! Perfect ending on the clip. Thanks,
Candy

It's a Rapp said...

Oh Candy!
Thanks for reading my little blogs :)
It is really fun, and I am so thankful for the opportunities. I just know this is what I'm supposed to be doing!!! xxxxxx