16 March, 2009

4 Years

Photobucket
Time can fly but it can also be like a slug... seems when things are good it goes so fast - but when things are bad it clings to you. I can't believe my Dad has been gone for so long... when this time of year creeps in, I can feel it... memories of what it felt like to watch someone I love in so much pain, knowing there was nothing to be done to help him. I knew it was best for him to let go - I told him so - even though it hurt beyond belief.
My Dad was so amazing, worked so hard, was so selfless and lovely. As I got older I noticed his vulnerability more, especially after he got sick. He loved us so much. Even though time has passed, sometimes sluggishly and sometimes like the wind, he is always in my thoughts. You never think about losing your big strong Daddy- and when it happens....
there are no words.
I miss sharing my victories with him, but I'm glad he doesn't have to witness our sadness anymore. Cancer is so evil, so horrifying. I'm glad he is free now, even though I miss him like it was March 16, 2005 all over again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

[*] My Granny died 6 months ago ;(

It's a Rapp said...

ooh Dominika :(I'm so sorry... i know how hard it is... i hope your family is feeling better. xo