30 March, 2010

for about an hour, my hairs were straight

Oooo dark clouds of a foreboding nature prevail above Ladytown...(is that a shark?)


I made it to the voice over study group this afternoon, finally! There was a lot of catching up, pep talks, and discussions on the technical aspect of not being technical. I went to a place that has come to be known as Ladytown with a Stanford Hospital script- commercial copy is something I am working on more and more. Today I really realized how much physical energy I put into a character script, but when I go to "Ladytown" (and I take the right route to get there) I feel so relaxed. It feels really good to step out of my comfort zone- the funny thing is, when I first started studying Voice Acting I was terrified of character work- now it's where I spend most of my time. Vacations in Ladytown are great, but in the future I wanna stay a whole lot longer.

2 comments:

uprightpromo said...

Hi Nick!

What is Stanford Hospital?

Nicki Rapp is the most awesome voice artist. The global and cyber star is in San Franciso and the West Coast is feeling it!

Thank you!

It's a Rapp said...

hahaa Jase! thank YOU :) I'm part of a Voice Acting study group and it was a commercial for the hospital. Practice is good. Fun in a different way! Thanks for the comment!!!