19 August, 2009

Best description of my voice EVER

A few years ago I booked a video game off of voice123 - Obscure 2. It was unlike any character I had played before : a horror game - a bunch of teenagers in a messed up situation being chased by monsters. I can still remember the director telling me that I was "being raped by claws!" Ahhhhh!!!
It was a cool session because they were in Amsterdam and I was in Sausalito. I couldn't see them, didn't know their reactions. It was really a trip! All I could hear was them laughing after I did a take. It was kind of hard to know if I was giving them what they really wanted, but it sure was memorable. Definitely one of the most intense and fun gigs I've ever had!
Anyway, I found this blog today with the most AWESOMEST description of my voice.

"The truly remarkable Nicki Rapp, disembodied voice of cuteness (veteran of games like the Sims, Psychonauts and various cartoon shows), who had us all in stitches with her contagious laughing. If you search for it, her laughter is featured prominently early on in Obscure 2: it won’t do justice to the actual experience of sharing a joke with her and then hearing her giggle, but it’s the best next thing!"
--From Jesse America's blog about directing the actors on the game.

"Disembodied voice of cuteness"

How cool is that?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicki! I like your voice very much :) Dominika

It's a Rapp said...

Aw! Thank you Dominika!! ♥♥

Dominika said...

I'm your fan xD I'm want have got your autograph ;p (Sorry for my English, but I'm Polish) Dominika :*

It's a Rapp said...

A fan!!! Wow!!! And you're not even my Mom : ) Your English is just fine! You are so sweet.
Have a great weekend, Dominika ♥

Dominika said...

Thanks, Nicki :*