20 July, 2009

Clover is the best

Mmmm... Remember getting chocolate milk as a special treat for school lunch?

I feel pretty rad this morning because I went to bed at 10:30 on a night when I didn't have to! Woke up at 7:30 feeling well rested and responsible in an adulty way.
I straightened up my crib and was done with grocery shopping by 10 am (hence the super rad choclit milk)- egg in a hole for brekkie and now just enjoying the foggy morning with a lovely cup of tea.

Things are good - last week was especially sweet because I had 2 very different very super cool voice sessions... I love the feeling I have when I get home after a job, knowing that I have done something that day that I love and really appreciate. I just want more! Not to be greedy or anything :)

I'm looking forward to getting through this week (I don't like wishing time away except for when I walk to and from work in the morning) because on Saturday I get to see some of my most favorite friends that I haven't seen for years! Priscilla and Gail are coming down to go on a brunch cruise around the SF bay- a CHAMPAGNE brunch cruise!
The champagne part is very important, as drinking it was what we enjoyed doing together... P was my next door neighbor- we would sit on her porch and laugh and eat and drink and a whole cast of characters that would join us in this silliness. Gail was always with us too... so much fun!!! I can't wait to see them.

So it's a foggy Monday and a lazy one too, thanks to me getting off my ass so early this morning :)
I predict that a lot will be changing in the coming months... and it makes me excited because I really want to look after myself better. Caring for others is so important, but I want to be the best I can be too. Optimism is something I can lose once in awhile- but I'm gonna hold onto it...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Nicki,
I was trying to send you a friend request at myspace..
thats where I put my art, music and movies..etc...please do drop by
and visit me (if your in Santa Rosa as well!!)...you ole' friend
Alex Shapiro
www.myspace.com/sashagshapiro
aka Eye-Clash Ragazine